I feel like I’m always on the hunt for the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe. It’s a tough one for me. I’ve tried making countless versions of the classic cookie, but really haven’t been super impressed with the results. They’re either super flat, or too cake-y, or dry and crumbly…I don’t know, I guess my dream of going up against Bobby Flay in Throwdown will have to wait. OR WILL IT?? I might have found the perfect recipe, guys. The recipe I stumbled upon on Pinterest has a “secret ingredient” in it that I’ve never seen before in a cookie recipe. Maybe some of you veteran bakers out there have used it before, but for me it was a first–corn starch. Have you ever heard of putting corn starch in your cookies before? I’m assuming it makes them light and fluffy? Maybe? Well even if I don’t know what the stuff does, I’m sold. These cookies are not named BEST EVER Chocolate Chip Cookies for nothin’.
BEST EVER Chocolate Chip Cookies
Apple a Day adapted from Anna Olson, Food Network Canada.
3/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp corn starch
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips–I also chopped up some white chocolate for some more color/texture/variety
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.
3. Mix in dry ingredients. Stir in chocolate.
4. Using a standard size cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop dough onto a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until barely brown around the edges. (The tops will not brown.)
5. Let cool, on sheet, on cooling rack for five minutes. Remove from sheet and let cool completely. The recipe says it makes about 3 dozen, but I got just a little over 2 doz. out of mine.
So maybe I am
ready for a little Throwdown action. Bring it, Bobby. Seriously, you guys need to try this recipe. I’m already planning on making my next batch (since the first batch didn’t last too long:/) And I know someone else who’s eagerly awaiting that second round.